People of Snow Machine, we give you: The 1st Annual POLAR BARE!
On the Thursday of Snow Machine we will be making our way up to The Remarkables for a very special World Record Attempt: to see how many people we can get skiing down the mountain in swimsuits at the same time. The Russians hold the record, but we think it’s about time that changes!
So don your best boardies and bikinis, speedos and one-pieces and join us for what is shaping up to be the social event of the alpine calendar as we take over the spectacular Remarkables Ski Resort on what will be an even more spectacular bluebird spring day for the first event of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere!
Registration is mandatory and costs only $15 to secure your spot in making history, head to the Side Events section on the website snow and start preparing your look!
What time do we have to get to The Remarkables
- 10am arrival at our FIRST BASE Après stage up the top of The Remarkables for an 11am kick-off! Aim to arrive to The Remarks at 9:30am to be safe. It can take a while to get up there from town on the buses so be sure to plan ahead and give yourself loads of time. This is one thing you don’t want to be late for!
How does it work logistically? Won’t I get cold?
- Fear not – it is only 1 small run down a gentle blue run from the First Base après stage at the Ice Bar to The Remarkables base building. On a bluebird day in September the conditions are ideal for a bit of swimsuit spring skiing.
- We recommend bringing a backpack for your ski jacket/pants. We will also be handing out Snow Machine bags for those who don’t have backpacks. You are required to wear your ski gear up the lifts and change at the First Base après stag
- You are required to ski down with your jacket/pants in your backpack or Snow Machine bag.
- The minimum you will be in your swim-wear is around 15 minutes, the maximum… is a fitness that’s yet to be witnessed!
Is it a race?
- No it most certainly is NOT a race. In fact, we are encouraging you to ski/board down as slowly as possible to make it more fun and to help avoid any injuries.
- This will be a lot of fun and over before we know it, so savour it, slow down enjoy and interact with your fellow history makers!
Is it a party?
- You bet it is. We will have artists warming you up at the First Base stage en-piste, as well as drinks/food and fires available to get you ready for the event.
- When you complete the run our après stage on the balcony of the base building will be pumping, so slide on in, grab a mulled wine and celebrate your incredible accomplishment!
What if I fall?
- It will happen to some of you. Mountain ski patrol will be shadowing us and helping anyone that gets a bit of ice burn on their bot-bots from falling over.
- We recommend not to be silly to ensure you stay upright for the duration. Remember: Butts on bare snow leave bruises and burns! Take it easy!
- Whatever you feel the most comfortable and look the most fabulous in. Have some fun with it. There will be prizes for the best looks.
- Google spring swimsuit skiing for inspiration. Our only rule is: enjoy yourselves and be inclusive and kind to all.